The Pros and Cons of laser projection include several factors that should be considered based on your particular budget, equipment and event needs. Check out a few of the main pros and cons of laser projection from our point of view.
Pros of Laser Projection
Above all, laser projection offers extended brightness, lower maintenance, and impressive color over lamp-based models.
Other important features of laser projection include:
- An Extremely high contrast ratio offers deep blacks and rich bright colors.
- Perfect for starting a movie just before dark.
- Virtually maintenance-free as there is no need to replace a lamp or filter for up to 30,000 hours.
- Compact size, low weight and quiet operation makes it perfect for special events.
- Geometric four-corner correction makes for a simple setup.
- Unlike lamp projectors, the picture quality of a laser unit won’t dim out. This is due to the sealed optical engine which eliminates any worry that dust, smoke, and salt-air ill affect the picture over time. Therefore, this feature is perfect for those hosting movies on the beach or near the ocean.
On the other hand, one disadvantage of laser projectors is a higher upfront cost. For instance, when working with a fixed budget, we understand this can be a critical decision for some organizations. Fortunately, the cost has come down recently. Adding a laser projector is more affordable and accessible than ever. This upgrade has greatly benefitted businesses, higher education, entertainment venues, houses of worship and community parks improving the overall quality of their events.
Discover why EPIC Outdoor Cinema is the leading provider of sealed-air inflated screens worldwide for a wide range of industries including parks and recreation, festivals and events, amusement parks, the hospitality industry and more.
Got a question on the Pros and Cons of laser projection? Ask an EPIC Product Advisor today! Just call 📞+1 (386) 304-2336 to get an over-the-phone consultation. Purchase using our online SHOP or CREATE A QUOTE now!